Tax Information and Reporting ~ US Person or Entity ~ Initial Data & Data Collection



Reports & Dates

US Persons & Entities

Non-US Persons & Entities

 Tax Residency

Wash Sales



Initial Application & Data Collection

Year-end Tax Forms

Year-end Reports




Initial Data & Data Collection for US Persons and Entities

All US citizens, Green Card holders and other legal residents are considered US persons by the IRS and are required to complete Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification when they apply to open an account. Entities formed or operating in the United States are also treated as US persons. If you are an individual, include your social security number (SSN). If you are an entity, your employer identification number (EIN) is required.


US resident aliens will also be required to complete Form W-9 and provide a social security number (SSN). A resident alien is considered a US resident if one of the following criteria has been met: you are a lawful permanent resident issued a resident alien registration card ("Green Card"), or you are an individual with a valid nonimmigrant visa who resides in the US for a required period of time and you have established a substantial presence. Refer to IRS Publication 519, US Tax Guide for Aliens, for further information.


Generally, there is no US tax withholding is required from the account of US persons or entities. However, the IRS may direct us to withhold on the accounts of US persons or entities on dividends, interest, and proceeds.



Call us today at 1-800-50- PLACE or 1-919-719-7200 for more information!


Call us if you are frustrated with your current firm's 1099 issues or if you are simply searching for an

investing partner who has your best interests in mind!


Tax Information and Reporting ~ US Person or Entity ~ Initial Data & Data Collection

IRS Circular 230 Notice: These statements are provided for information purposes only, are not intended to constitute tax advice which may be relied upon to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, and do not resolve any tax issues in your favor.